The fate of Marcus
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
The fate of Marcus is an exploration game, made with cubes.
The fate of Marcus
A story driven, audio-visual exploration game taking place in a voxels' composed world. In each game, you discover a brand new world, procedurally generated, in which notes from a previous explorer are hidden, telling his story.
The player follows the story of Marcus through his notes scattered all over the world. Marcus was a bored gardener, and when he saw an ad about a space travel to establish a society on another planet, he jumped at the opportunity and boarded right away.
The world, made of voxels, is composed of forests, cliffs, rivers, and flowers (yes, I love flowers, so you will see a lot of them in the game). I tried to recreate a realistic environment through dynamic fog and wind, affecting both flowers and water. Each time the game start up, a brand new world is generated (but the progression of the player is kept, no worries).
Note : it isn't mandatory to follow the storyline by collecting Marcus' notes, you can just explore the world while listening to the restful soundtrack, I tried to make a game which could help people to relax after a hard day of work. :)
There is an in-game tutorial (because it's cool) to explain the commands, but here they are (in case you want to skip it) :
- WASD to move on qwerty keyboard, ZQSD on azerty
- Escape to get back your mouse (the game will try to eat it because it loves mouse)
- the god mode can be activated using... wait, actually there is no god mode, forget that
- Space is used to jump
- U to run/walk
- Zoom with Q (qwerty), A (azerty)
- Stop/Play music with O
- Start putting a bloc with E, move it around with WASD (or ZQSD), validate with E (or abort with R)
- Keyboard and mouse support
- A new world each time you launch the game !
- A story told through notes
- And cookies ! wait no, we don't have cookies
Configuration needed to run the game
- 64 bits computer
- OpenGL 3.3 and later is required
- At least 1GB of RAM
The game was tested and runs on Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18. If you encounter any problem, leave a comment below!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.